Sunday, May 10, 2009

18 months

Rylan is nearly 19 months old now, but I'm finally getting around to posting some cute pics of him at 18 months. We recently spent some time at the lake cabin when we had a few beautiful days of 70 degree weather. As soon as Rylan saw the water, he ran straight into it, shoes and all! The water was freezing cold since the ice had just completely melted a couple of weeks ago, but Rylan didn't seem to mind. Bryon and I are going to have our hands full this summer! Rylan will be wearing a life jacket 24/7.

"Don't I look cute? Do you like my new hat and new Crocs? I'm stylin'!"

"I love playing with the sand!"

18 months is such a fun age. Rylan is no longer a baby, but all boy. He is constantly running, climbing, talking up a storm, and has developed quite a personality. He amazes me everyday with a new word or phrase. He absolutely loves to talk and you can tell he feels very proud of himself when he does. He is so smart!!! Here are some fun facts about Rylan at 18 months:

Favorite words or sayings:

"chocolate"- He can't get enough of this stuff...he points to the cupboard where we keep the chocolate and says and signs "please". How can I say no to that?

"Oh man!"-It is hilarious when he says this and he uses it in context too. I've been trying to capture it on video, but he never seems to say it on command.

"heavy"-Anytime Rylan tries to pick up something heavy, he says this word. He uses it with expression too like he's working really hard to pick up the heavy object. I'm trying to get this on video too cuz it's so darn cute.

"truck" and "bus"-Rylan loves going for rides in the car because he loves to look for trucks and buses. He gets so excited when he sees them!

Favorite activities:

*Drawing-He wants to draw about 10 times every day. He especially loves to draw with sidewalk chalk.

*Playing with Play-Doh-He likes throwing it too!

*Eating anything containing chocolate-I don't know how we're going to break this habit.

*Reading stories-He especially likes "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and "If You Give a Moose a Muffin".

*Watching Caillou-This is his favorite cartoon. He loves this show! Rylan even knows how to turn the TV on now and does so when he wants to watch this show.

*Playing outside-He enjoys kicking around a soccer ball, pusing his lawn mower, swinging in the hammock, and playing in the dirt. He's all boy!


*Cuddling with Mama-I'm loving this and taking advantage of every opportunity to cuddle as I know it won't last forever.Happy 1 1/2 Birthday Rylan! We love you!

1 comment:

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Great picture of you two on the couch. Happy 18 months! Wow how time flies watching our little ones grow. What a blast!