Fifteen hours to Denver (one-way) made for a long trip! Rylan has always been a good traveler but had never been in the car for more than five hours. This was quite the test! We had fully anticipated stopping to buy a portable DVD player for Rylan on our way, but believe it or not, we didn't need one!!! Rylan hardly fussed the entire trip. I am so proud of him! He kept himself entertained by looking at books, coloring, looking for cows, trucks and buses, and enjoying an occasional Junior Frosty from Wendy's. Rylan loves trucks and buses and pointed out every single one he saw...I think we heard him say "truck" and "bus" at least a couple hundred times along the way.
While Bryon and Brad were skiing, Robin and I took the boys to a kids play area called Monkey Business. They have all kinds of fun toys, equipment and bouncy things for kids. Rylan loved it! He was all over the place. He accidentally got bumped by some bigger kids a couple of times, but that didn't stop him. He's a very adventurous little boy!
While in Denver, we also spent a day at the zoo. It was so fun to show Rylan all the animals we've read about. Here's Rylan and Daddy by the giraffe exhibit.
Rylan enjoyed visiting the monkeys the best, probably because he's quite the little monkey himself. He kept making monkey noises like he was talking to them.
Another highlight was the seal exhibit. They must have liked Rylan because they kept swimming back and forth in front of him.
We encountered some treacherous weather on our trip. The worst part was in Wyoming, especially since 99% of the traffic was semi-trucks and those truck drivers drive like maniacs. We saw many slide offs. I kept visualizing us getting t-boned by a semi-truck...not a pleasant thought. The mommy in me has caused me to be a little more paranoid than usual.
Rylan was very thankful when we stopped at rest areas to stretch our legs. He really likes rocks and thought these giant ones were pretty cool.Thanks for your hospitality, Brad and Robin. We had such a fun time with you and Anderson!





4 comments:
Great pictures! I am glad you are back to blogging. I can imagine how busy you are so it is definitely understandable. Looks like you all had a great time!
We loved having you guys out here!! Can't wait till Anderson gets a little bigger and can run around with his cousin!! Rylan is such a great kid and soooo smart too. See you in June hopefully...Anderson and I will be out for a couple of weeks. Lots of love!!
Robin
It looks like you guys had so much fun! Bryon looks so much like his brother! I can't believe all that snow! Ry-Ry looks so cute with his frosty. :)
I am so impressed that Rylan did so well in the car for that long! That is amazing! He is such a good boy :). Let's get together to play soon.
Post a Comment