Sunday, April 19, 2009

We're Back!!!

For those of you who were wondering if we quit the blogging world...we haven't. We just had to take a break for a while due to a couple of extremely busy months. I was working on my National Boards teaching certificate and about the only thing I had time to do other than work on that was eat and sleep (even that was hard to come by). Well now that my portfolio is finished, I promise to be better about keeping you updated as to what our family is doing. I'll start by filling you in on our Easter celebrations.
We spent Easter with Bryon's family. One of Rylan's favorite foods is eggs. He eats them like there's no tomorrow, but he didn't seem too excited about dyed eggs. He had this look on his face as if to say "I love eggs, but eating blue eggs is going a little too far." I guess I'll have to start reading him the Dr. Seuss book "Green Eggs and Ham" to get geared up for next year.


Here's Rylan digging into his Easter basket full of Mariners gear. I'm not sure who was more excited; Rylan or Bryon.


Rylan got as excited about finding chocolate inside plastic eggs as I would about winning the lottery. He LOVES chocolate and ate quite a lot of it on Easter. I was beginning to worry that he'd never eat his veggies again.


Rylan's new best friend; the Mariner Moose. Boy, that Easter bunny sure knows what he likes!


Here's Rylan finding his second Easter basket. Apparently a couple of Easter bunnies left treats for him this year.


Bryon's aunt rented out a park with an indoor eating area. All the cousins, second cousins, aunts, grandmas, etc. got together and enjoyed a big Easter brunch together followed by Easter egg hunts for the kids. It rained most of the day but that didn't stop the kids from playing outside. We had a blast watching the kids race around in search of eggs, getting soaked to the bone in the meantime. Good thing there was an indoor fireplace to warm ourselves up afterward.


I was so proud of my little Ry guy...he was the youngest child participating in the Easter egg hunt, but by no means did this stop him. You should have seem him running around in search of eggs. The look on his face when he found one was priceless. What a joy it is to watch my son enjoy such simple things in life! He teaches me more than I'll ever teach him.


A dozen eggs: $1.99
A little boy in search of those eggs: priceless
"I see an egg! Oh boy, I'm almost there! I'm having the time of my life!"

2 comments:

This Is The Day said...

Those are so cute! He looks SO excited! I love all the Mariners gear! I need to find Kariya some new stuff, b/c she's outgrown all her Mariner wear. :)

Julie said...

It's so good to see what is going on again. Congrats on finishing your portfolio! I love seeing Rylan so happy in the photos. I recognize a lot of the clothes too! It makes me realize how fast they grow up. Enjoy every minute!