Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year

We rang in the new year out at our lake cabin with our friends Jenny and Travis and their little boy Kyle. We enjoyed a fun filled evening of playing games, eating yummy snacks, and taking a walk out on the frozen lake. It snowed all evening and it was so beautiful outside. Right before midnight, we took a break from our game playing and went outside to ring in 2010 and see the fireworks go off in the distance.

Happy 2010!

Peek-a-boo!
The boys had just as much fun as we did. They had fun playing inside and loved going for rides in their new sleds out on the frozen lake.

"Faster Daddy, faster! Wheeeee!"

After snowing most of New Year's Eve, it decided to rain most of New Year's day. But, we got lucky and the rain stopped just long enough for us to take the boys out in the slush and play.


It was so peaceful and quiet out at the cabin. I love going out there in the winter. I really wanted to bring my ice skates and skate on the lake, but I didn't think pregnancy and ice skating would be a very good combination. Maybe next year.

Our getaway. This is the view of our cabin from the lake. Can't wait to go there again soon!


Wishing everyone great things for 2010!

1 comment:

Ro and Pax's Mama said...

What fun!! I am glad you got to "get away" for awhile. Every time I look at your pregnancy ticker I am stunned to see how far along you are getting! So exciting. Take care of yourself!