Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

My sisters and I spoiled all the fathers in my family (my dad, Bryon, and Jerimiah) by making a delicious meal for them. They returned home from a round of golf to a warm meal of shrimp skewers, pot stickers, rice, edamame, General Tso's chicken, and lettuce wraps (we even used the recipe from PF Chang's). I'd say they are pretty lucky guys! We're pretty lucky gals too to have them in our lives!!!

The chefs

I sure had a fun time cooking with my sisters!


Yum, yum! Dish up while it's hot.


I thought I'd include a few of my favorite pictures of Rylan with the men in his life. Here is one from last summer with Papa. My dad was feeding Rylan icecream, and they were obviously both having a pretty good time. Apparently Rylan decided to save some on his chin for later. Rylan sure loves you Papa!


One of Rylan's favorite things to do when we visit Bryon's parents is to feed the fish with Grandpa. Grandpa waits for Rylan to wake up every morning and then he'll take him outside and let him throw the fish food into the pond. It is the highlight of Rylan's day. Rylan loves visiting you Grandpa! We love you and can't wait to see you again soon!


Like father, like son. These two are peas in a pod. This is one of my favorite candid shots of my boys. They are always so happy when they're around each other. Rylan is so blessed to have such a wonderful Daddy!

Dear Daddy,

I love you because...
  • you make me laugh
  • you tickle me when I ask you to
  • you read me stories and teach me about diggers
  • you take me to the park
  • you take me to the store and sometimes even let me get icecream
  • you tell me you love me everyday
  • you make things for me like my cool new sandbox
  • you take me on walks every day
  • you give me kisses
  • you love my Mom
  • you cheer me up when I'm sad
  • you play with me
You're the best dad in the world! I love you tons!

Love,
Rylan

2 comments:

Ro and Pax's Mama said...

I want that meal!!!!

Sweet note to dad :). Our boys are so lucky to have such amazing role models to look up to. I wish every child could be so fortunate.

Robin said...

Oh my goodness...Anderson looks just like Rylan in that picture with Rylan and your dad!! Wow...they are definitely cousins.