Friday, November 14, 2008

The BIG 3-0!!!

Yeah, that's right...I just turned 30. I don't feel any older but that number sure sounds old. I guess I can starting using the old line "I'm 29 and holding". When I look back on the last 30 years of my life, I realize just how blessed I am. I have such amazing family and friends in my life who have been there for me during the good times and the bad. I have so many fond memories and so many things to be thankful for. I can only hope the next 30 will be just as grand! To celebrate my birthday, my parents took me out to dinner at The Melting Pot. It is a yummy fondue restuarant! We had a great time and enjoyed three courses of fondue with lots of things to dip with. Thanks Mom and Dad for making my birthday so special!
Bryon, Rylan, Sara (me), Dad, Mom, and Jeff

The following evening, Bryon took me to Clinkerdagger for dinner. I had the best scallops ever! My parents watched Rylan so we could have an evening alone. Bryon also surprised me with an iPod nano for my birthday!!! Believe it or not, I've never owned one before. I know I'm probably the last person on earth to finally own an iPod, but I didn't really think I needed one before. Now that I have one, I don't know how I ever lived without one. It's kind of like cell phones, high speed internet and DVR...once you have them you just can't imagine how you ever survived before. Anyways, I guess I'm caught up with the times now.

Lastly, thanks to all my friends and family for the nice cards, gifts, e-mails, and phone calls! You really brightened my day! I love you all!

3 comments:

Ro and Pax's Mama said...

Happy birthday Sara! You are a gorgeous 30 year old :)!!! I'm glad you had such a fun birthday. Hope to see you soon.
Liza

This Is The Day said...

Happy Birthday Sara!! 30 seems so young to me now! You look awesome and I'm glad you had such a good birthday! I don't have an ipod either...so you're not the LAST person on earth. Haha :)

Josie S. said...

Happy (late) Birthday!