Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fun on the Farm

I just love fall when the air is crisp and the leaves are turning color! We've had such beautiful fall weather lately that we thought it would be fun to take Rylan to Greenbluff. Picking our own pumpkins and drinking warm apple cider made for a perfect day! Rylan loved riding in the wagon all around the pumpkin patch. He seemed to think it was most fun to stand while riding!


"I found one! This is the one I want! Will you cut it Dada?"
This is a total Charlie Brown pumpkin, but that's what makes it so special. Children find perfection and beauty in the most imperfect things. I wish we were all like this!


Here's Bryon cutting one of our pumpkins off the vine!


Rylan helped us find three pumpkins; a big one, a medium sized one and a small one. We'll each have one to carve and plenty of roasted seeds to eat!


Rylan had a hayday (no pun intended) crawling through the bales of hay and the pumpkins. It was like one giant maze!

That same week, we got to see our friend Laurie's baby sheep. I thought they were goats when I first saw them, but they are actually called hairless sheep. Aren't they cute? Grammy is helping Rylan bottle feed the babies. Their mother rejected them at birth, so they've had to be bottle fed to stay alive.


This little one sure is hungry. I've never seen anyone love animals more than Rylan. Every time he sees any kind of animal he immediately points at it and starts giggling with delight. It is so cute to watch how excited he gets!


"They are so soft, I just want to grab one and snuggle with it. Thanks for helping me feed them Grammy! You're the best!"

1 comment:

This Is The Day said...

Great pictures! Rylan looks so cute at the pumpkin patch!! We must have been up there at the same time...I was thinking about calling you but I didn't know if you guys would be available on short notice...I guess I should have tried. :) I love the pics of Rylan with the sheep! They are so much fun to feed. :)