Last Saturday we went to the Gorge for the Tom Petty concert. He puts on the best show! We all had an amazing time! It was kind of a family event as we went with my sister Jenna and her husband Jerimiah, my sister Lisa and her boyfriend Chris, and my brother Jeff. The only sibling missing was Breanne and boy did she miss out! Thanks to Grammy and Grampy for watching Rylan so we could have a day away!!! It was 103 degrees at The Gorge when we arrived, but we didn't seem to mind since we were sipping on delicious, cold drinks while tailgating. If you've ever been to a concert at The Gorge, you obviously know that half the fun is tailgating. With hundreds of cars lined up beside you with their passengers engaging in the same fun, there are so many interesting people to meet and converse with. And let me tell you, we met people of all kinds...some normal, some definitely not! But hey, God loves all of us, right?
Here we are hanging out before the concert. Can you tell how excited we are to go see Tom?
Here we are again still hanging out in the parking lot with Lisa and Chris. We sure enjoyed many laughs together!
We are all set for the big show. We found a large area on the grass to sprawl out on. I love the scenery! Watching a concert while relaxing on a blanket, eating yummy snacks and chatting with friends and family makes for such a fun summer day!
Awe, what a night! The only thing we lacked that night was sleep. We didn't get to bed until about 3:30 the next morning and, as always, little Ry was up at 7:00. After being gone for a whole day, we were excited to see his smiling face, but Bryon and I agree we're getting too old for late nights like that.


4 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I've never been to the Gorge.
I love your new background!! Too cute! :)
How fun!! You two are so cute together :),
Can you believe I've never been to the gorge? I love the pics! I bet ya'll had a blast, its so cool that almost all your sibs were able to make it. I'm jealous ;)
Give me a call chicha!
It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I'm glad you're able to get out now and then... looks like Rylan keeps you super busy. He's darling. Can't wait to see you again on my next trip to Spokane...
Cara
Post a Comment