Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Welcome Baby Ayla

This is the story of May, 3 2010...the day baby Ayla Mae came into this world.

It was the day after my due date and I woke up around1:30 am with mild contractions. I timed them for about half an hour and they stayed consistent at five minutes apart. I figured that this must be the real thing so I called my parents and asked them to head to our house.

My parents arrived and my dad stayed at our house with Rylan while my mom came to the hospital with me and Bryon. This is one of the last photos of me pregnant.


We got to the hospital around 3:30 am. Contractions continued about every five minutes and things were progressing rapidly. I did some walking around the hospital to get things moving even faster. I was ready to meet my baby girl!!!


Here I am feeling relaxed and ready to go after getting an epidural!


8:07 am-Ayla Mae was born (not even 7 hours after my first contractions started). Here we are meeting for the first time. What a beautiful baby girl! I am a proud mommy!


Bryon sure adores his daughter too!


What a big girl! I knew she was going to be bigger than her big brother who weighed in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. at birth.


I couldn't wait to introduce Rylan to his new baby sister. He had been talking about her for months and was so excited to hear that she had finally arrived. Here is Rylan's first glimpse of his baby sister as she was wheeled into our room.


As the nurse placed Ayla in my arms, Rylan looked upon his sister's face with such joy! I have never witnessed anything sweeter in my life...it truly brought tears to my eyes.


Rylan immediately picked his sister up and snuggled her tight. He was so proud to call her his little sis.


Our first family photo of the four of us.


Ayla had many visitors her first day of life. Auntie Lisa, Auntie Bre, and Auntie Jenna all came to meet her.

Mimi (my mom) was there for Ayla's birth. Thank you mom for being such a wonderful mother, friend, and mimi. I love you and am so glad you shared this experience with me!

Papa holding his granddaughter for the first time.

Grandma (Bryon's mom) arrived into town about one hour after Ayla's birth. We were so glad she made it so quickly.


Our good friends, the Whitman's, also came to welcome baby Ayla into this world.

I was also lucky enough to have my good friend, Anissa, as my nurse during my stay in the hospital. We have been friends since elementary school. It was so special having her there!

Here is Ayla getting her first bath...


while her big brother watches from the window.

Welcome Baby Ayla! We are so glad you are here and we love you to pieces!

7 comments:

Ro and Pax's Mama said...

Oh my goodness!! That is such an amazing, sweet, precious post! I just love the photos of Rylan meeting Ayla for the first time... I can see why it brought tears to your eyes! Congrats to your entire family...Ayla is beautiful.

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

I have been checking your blog way too often hoping to see photos of Ayla, so I was thrilled to see this post! Glad everything went so well for you, Sara. Ayla is beautiful and Rylan is such a proud big brother. Can't wait to see you and meet baby Ayla tomorrow.

This Is The Day said...

Sara you look so beautiful! You do NOT look like you just gave birth!

I love the picture of you and your dad with your adorable pregnant belly. :)

That is such a sweet picture of Ayla and Rylan. It looks like it was love at first sight!

eliseandpaul said...

Oh my gosh Sara! SO sweet. Thank you for sharing! She is beautiful. All the best to you guys.

CaraEve said...

Congratulations! Ayla is beautiful. I'm so happy the birth went smoothly and that everyone is healthy. She is one lucky little girl to be born into such a loving and happy family!

Jen, Gabe and kiddos said...

Hi Sara, I hope you don't mind that I came across your blog from Devri's, Liza's and Josie's! Congrats on your new baby girl, both of your kids are darling.
Jenny Schaefer

Anna said...

so excited for you!!! Glad to hear the story and see your sweet family! Love lots, Anna