Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Weekend in Vegas

Bryon and I recently took a weekend trip to Las Vegas to celebrate his birthday! It was the first time we've spent more than one night away from Rylan, so it was a nice little getaway for us. I think Rylan had just as much fun as we did while we were gone. He spent the weekend playing with Mimi and Papa.

While in Vegas, we had fun exploring the enormous, and extravagant hotels, eating delicious food, watching a couple of shows (including a Cirque du Soleil show), shopping, sleeping in, and of course, doing a little gambling. We even got some great exercise...I can't even tell you how many times we walked the entire strip. We stayed in the Tropicana, which is an older hotel, but still nice. It is right on the strip, so everything was really close by.

Me in front of our hotel and Excalibur on the right.


This was the view from our hotel room. Not bad, huh?



Paris was one of the many hotels we explored. The inside and outside are amazing! Maybe we'll stay there next time. The ceiling of the hotel is painted in clouds, making it appear as though you are outside.


We watched the fountains go off at the Bellagio. They go off about every half hour in the evenings and are timed with music. It is quite a show!

I got to shop in some of my favorite stores and dream about all the things I'd like to buy.


The weather was beautiful while we were there. We spent most of the time walking around outside in t-shirts. It was hard coming back to the cold, gray weather here.

A view of the strip during the day.


We didn't run into anyone famous while we were there, but we did get to meet Yoda.

We had a great time in Vegas! Thanks Mom and Dad for watching our son. Thanks Ashlie for the tickets! It is nice having a best friend who works for Southwest Airlines!

1 comment:

This Is The Day said...

That looks so fun! I love the cielings in the Paris and the Venetian too...I think they are my favorite. What a nice getaway for you guys before the baby is born!