Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spokane Interstate Fair...Here We Come!!!

We were able to make it to the fair this week and we were so excited to show Rylan the animals. He absolutey loves books and his favorite ones are the animal books. He loves hearing Mommy and Daddy make the animal noises. When showing him the animals in real life, he had this look on his face that seemed to say "Wow, these are the animals we've been reading about and now I get to see them in person, see them move and listen to them talk. How awesome is this?" He was so fascinated by each and every animal. He just couldn't take his eyes off of them. Seeing him so excited made me want to buy a house in the country and get some pigs, goats, chickens...you name it. Wouldn't it be fun to live on a farm? Well, maybe for a little while at least.

"Look Momma and Dadda! That is one big pig...much bigger than I imagined it would be!"


"Wow, a turkey! They say gobble gobble!"


"I can't believe I get to hold a bunny all by myself! It is so soft! I want to take it home. Will you buy me my own Mom and Dad?"


"Oh my goodness...I get to pet a goat too! How exciting! I'm having so much fun!"

"I know what this animal is too...a sheep. Baaaa, baaaa! Aren't I smart?"


Look how sweet these baby pigs are. I've wanted a pet pig all my life and watching these little ones only further validated that idea. I just know Rylan wants one too. Can anyone tell me if it is legal to own a pig inside city limits? =)


Our friends, Rachel and Tyson, had two extra tickets to the Phil Vassar concert. So, after making the rounds through the animal barns we headed to the stadium to watch him perform. He is a fabulous country singer and put on a great show. We had a great time! Thanks Rachel, Tyson and Kariya for the fun night!


Here we are at the concert. Lately, Rylan thinks it's cute to squint his face while we're trying to take pictures. What a silly boy!


Here we are enjoying the music. I swear we didn't plan the matching outfits.

The only exciting moment we failed to capture on camera was when Rylan very enthusiastically enjoyed his first "Fair" meal. You're going to wince when you hear this but this meal consisted of a cheeseburger, French fries, and an ice cream sundae. I know, I know, so unhealthy, but we figured we had to splurge in order to give him the full fair experience. Why didn't we give him a funnel cake (the traditional fair dessert)? Well, he had one two weeks ago at Pig Out in the Park in Spokane. Don't worry, he still likes his vegetables!!!

4 comments:

Ro and Pax's Mama said...

We were so busy we never made it to the fair-but for sure next year when Rowen can enjoy it more. Rylan looks so adorable in all those pics. I love the squinty face!

This Is The Day said...

Those are great pictures! I love the one with the bunny; you can tell he is smiling so big! :) You guys are such a cute little family! I forgot to tell you when we were there but that blue shirt looks really good on you!

Laurie P. said...

Ha ha. I'm already imaging you two trying to emulate the sound of a horse's whinny. Has he started walking yet? Hope to see you soon.

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I think you have to splurge on those treats sometimes...it makes for a whole experience.