Saturday, November 21, 2009

National Board Certification

I just got word that I passed my National Boards!!! I am now officially a nationally certified teacher, which means I am now certified to teach anywhere in the U.S. Prior to my new certification, I was only certified to teach in Washington State. We don't plan on moving any time soon, but achieving National Board Certification had always been a goal of mine. It is a very challenging, rigorous, and prestigious certification process in the world of education. Plus, as an added bonus I will receive a big pay raise!!! After waiting since May for my results, I can finally relax and celebrate! Thanks to all my wonderful friends and amazing family who helped me along this tough journey. I wouldn't have made it without your constant love, support, and encouragement.

5 comments:

This Is The Day said...

I never realized that it meant you are certified in every state! That's great! SO proud of you!

Ro and Pax's Mama said...

YAY SARA!!! Congrats! I am so proud of you. That must be such a relief :).

Tim, Devri, Cooper, and Quinn said...

Congratulations Sara! What a HUGE accomplishment. I am so impressed! :-)

Josie S. said...

Congrats!!

Matt Maddy and Clara said...

Congrats Sara! All of your hard work and dedication paid off.