Friday, August 7, 2009

Water Fun

Rylan loves the water!!! We've spent a lot of time at our lake cabin and when we're on the beach, there's no stopping him...he'll run right into the lake. I'm glad he likes the water so much, but sometimes I wish he weren't quite so confident. I don't want to witness any near drowning experiences.

"Get me off this floaty thing. I don't need this to help me float."


"Look everyone...I'm floating by myself. I'm such a good swimmer!"


Another beach favorite is playing and digging in the sand.


Rylan made some new friends on our last visit to the lake. These ducks hung out near us most of the day. Rylan got to feed them and some even ate out of our hands.


Rylan and I went with some friends to Gonzaga's annual Sprinkler Days. Rylan got to meet Spike (their mascot) but was too scared to get close enough to take a picture with him.


The sprinklers were pretty big so Rylan was a little intimidated of them. He spent most of his time playing with this blow-up hammer that they gave away to all the kids.


We enjoyed our own sprinkler day in our backyard with a much smaller sprinkler. It proved to be just the right size. He ran through it a few times, then decided to pick it up and water the flowers. That was much more exciting!


It was a really hot day...perfect Popsicle weather.



"Watch me! I'm such a big boy!"

I sure wish summer would last forever!!!

2 comments:

Ro and Pax's Mama said...

He really is a little fishy isn't he?!!! What a cutie :). You do so many amazing things with Rylan- I'm sure he loves summer as much as you do!

This Is The Day said...

That looks so fun! I have never heard of sprinkler days.

The lake looks so nice! I have not been swimming all summer! It was too cold when we went camping, and the only time we stayed at a hotel with a pool on our trip it was raining.